The next Baptism class will be Monday, July 19, 2021, at 6:30 PM via Zoom. Register here (at least two weeks prior to class).
Contact the Parish Office at 266-3523 regarding your child's baptism. Baptism is usually offered during the following times each month. However, right now we are not doing baptisms during Mass.
- 1st weekend after 9:30 a.m. Mass
- 2nd weekend during 5 p.m. Mass
- 3rd weekend after 11:30 a.m. Mass
- 4th weekend during 9:30 a.m. Mass
Canon Law and Archdiocesan policy require that parents attend a catechetical program on infant baptism.
- Baptism Class is required for the first child only. If you are currently expecting your first child, we encourage you to attend prior to birth.
- Class will be held at St. Patrick every other month for one evening from 6:30-8 p.m. Dates are printed in the Bulletin, which is accessible at the bottom of our homepage.
St. Patrick Mass Schedule
- Saturday 5 p.m.
- Sunday 7:30, 9:30 & 11:30 a.m.
- Weekdays at 11:30 AM except on funeral days
- Holy Days - see the calendar
St. Stephen The Witness Catholic Student Center (1019 W 23rd Street Cedar Falls)
Fr. Jon Seda, Director of Campus Ministry, 319-266-9863
- Weekend Masses: Sunday 10:30 AM & when UNI is in session at 7 PM
- Primetime Mass: Wednesday 9 PM.
- Daily Mass: see www.ststephenuni.org for more information.
Communion for the Homebound
The parish offers homebound members the opportunity for weekly reception of Holy Communion. Along with this ministry, the parish also offers the service of a homebound visitor. Contact the Parish Office at 266-3523 for details or to volunteer.
- Saturday 3:45-4:30 pm or any time by appointment
- During the Seasons of Advent and Lent the times are 3:15-4:30 p.m.
- Communal celebrations are also scheduled during the Seasons of Advent and Lent. Please check the Bulletin for details.
Confirmation Registration is in January and February every year for St. Patrick Parish 9th graders wishing to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation in October. Preparation sessions begin in March. Registration is through our Realm parish data system. If you have not used Realm yet, please contact Rosie at [email protected] for assistance.
The sacrament of Confirmation celebrates the completion of Baptism and a new outpouring of the Holy Spirit, given through anointing with Sacred Chrism, accompanied by the laying on of hands and prayer, which strengthens the faithful as members of the Church to spread and defend the Catholic Faith by word and deed.
The last Sacrament of Initiation to be received calls candidates to discipleship through service, vocation, stewardship, ministry, and a call to holiness. Through the reception of Confirmation, youth “are more perfectly bound to the Church and are enriched with a special strength of the Holy Spirit. Hence, they are, as true witnesses of Christ, more strictly obliged to spread and defend the faith by word and deed.” (CCC 1285)
- Confirmation is bestowed upon candidates in the fall of 10th grade, with sacramental preparation beginning early that same calendar year (as 9th graders).
- Sacramental preparation consists of five preparation sessions, a retreat, Rite of Enrollment, seven service hours, two interviews, and several sponsor & parent activities.
- Youth wishing to receive the sacrament of Confirmation should have at least two years of prior catechetical instruction.
Anointing of the Sick
All persons who are experiencing a serious illness, facing major surgery, seeing a worsening of an already existing health condition, or realizing a noticeable decline in health due to age should consider themselves a candidate for this sacrament. Please contact the Parish Office at 266-3523 to arrange for a visit from the pastor and the celebration of this sacrament.
Annually on the Sunday closest to February 11, which is the church's observance of "World Day of Prayer for the Sick," the sacrament of anointing is celebrated at all weekend Masses. Check the Bulletin for details or call the Parish Office at 266-3523.
Arrangements for weddings must be made at least one year in advance. Call the Parish Office at 266-3523 for information or an appointment.
Religious Life, Holy Orders, Lay Ministry
Individuals who are discerning the possibility of a vocational call to religious life, the permanent diaconate, or the Lay Ministry Formation Process of the Archdiocese are invited to contact the pastor at 266-3523. Father is willing to visit with you and direct you to the appropriate archdiocesan offices.
Catholic Faith for Adults (RCIA - Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults)
If you are interested in knowing more about the Catholic Church or in joining the Church, contact the Parish Office at 266-3523. "Catholic Faith for Adults" has replaced our traditional RCIA program. Visit our Catholic Faith for Adults page for details.
Please notify the Parish Office at 266-3523 if you or a family member is hospitalized so that the pastor may visit you. Government regulations enacted in 2003 forbid the hospital from informing the parish, so you or a family member must notify us. If meals are needed for yourself or family while you are in the hospital or after you get home for a period of time, the parish can arrange them.