Knights of Columbus
Knights of Columbus 2021 Lenten Fish Fries
The Knights of Columbus will be offering CURBSIDE PICKUP fish fry dinners this Lenten season. Hours will be 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM unless all meals sell out sooner
Enter the upper parking lot from Main Street. A KC member will ask how many meals you'd like and collect your payment ($10 cash or check made out to the “Knights of Columbus”). Continue west through the parking lot to the south door of the building (commonly referred to as “Father’s door” as it leads to Father’s house). Your order will be delivered to your car. You’ll then exit onto West 8th Street.
Each meal will include fried fish, baked potato, green beans, mac and cheese, coleslaw, dinner roll, sherbet, and cookies. Condiments will include tartar sauce, sour cream, and butter. No napkins or silverware will be provided. No special orders. No kids meals this year. Thank you for understanding that we have to keep it simple so the line keeps moving.
Consider being a Knight
Through June 30, 2021, you can join with no membership fee! Enjoy a more fulfilling and active Catholic life with the Knights of Columbus!
We are Catholic men of faith and men of charitable action. In December 2017 Council 4516 celebrated 60 years of service. If you’d like to be a part of an international organization of nearly 2 million Catholic men whose principal work involves helping others in need, we'd like to meet you and invite you to join us.
- Who can join? Membership in the Knights of Columbus is open to men 18 years of age or older who are practicing Catholics.
- How can I join or find out more? Contact Grand Knight Jim Draude at (319) 415-1906 or stop by the Parish Office to fill out a short form.
- Don't think you have enough time? Our council doesn't seek to take you away from spending precious time with your family. We seek to offer you a little quality time with like-minded men in our parish. You have enough time if you have an hour here and an hour there! You'll enjoy the opportunity to serve and make lasting friendships.
- What can I be involved with? Here is a partial list:
- The third Thursday of the month is our regular meeting. Dinner starts at 6 PM. Meeting begins at 7 PM. We enjoy social time and a meal together. We discuss upcoming events during the meeting and usually celebrate a Knight of the month and a family of the month.
- The first Monday of the month, members host the Family Rosary for the parish.
- The first Sunday of the month, we host coffee and donuts after the 7:30 and 9:30 AM Masses.
- Temporary COVID situation: No meals at meetings, no coffee and donuts, and no rosary the first Monday of the month. Meetings can be attended via Zoom or in person (in person limit is 20 members).
- Our State KC Convention is April 30–May 2, 2021 in Sioux City.
- We will celebrate Fr Joseph Sevcik mass at St. Patrick on July 4, 2021.
- Throughout the year, we have or assist with special events to serve the parish and community. Choose activities such as Lenten fish fries, the Tootsie Roll sale for persons with Intellectual Disabilities, the Easter egg hunt, parish breakfasts to raise money and awareness for religious and causes we support, and more. We help bring the parish together!
- What will you get in return? You will grow closer to God and set a great example for those around you. Knights and their families have opportunities to participate in a variety of activities that deepen their faith and strengthen our parish, community, and world.
- Grand Knight Jim Draude
- Deputy Grand Knight Mark Meier
- Financial Secretary Brian Luecke
- Chancellor Michael Helten
- Recorder Andrew Frey
- Treasurer Edward Doyle
- Advocate Kevin Engels
- Warden Darrell Ludwig
- Inside Guard Neil Francois
- Outside Guard Jerry Jordan
- 1st Year Trustee Jeff Byers
- 2nd Year Trustee Paul DiMarco
- 3rd Year Trustee Angelo Schmidt
- Chaplain Deacon Al Weber