Enjoy a more fulfilling and active Catholic life with the Knights of Columbus!
We are Catholic men of faith and men of charitable action. In December 2017 Council 4516 celebrated 60 years of service. If you’d like to be a part of an international organization of nearly 2 million Catholic men whose principal work involves helping others in need, we'd like to meet you and invite you to join us.
- Who can join? Membership in the Knights of Columbus is open to men 18 years of age or older who are practicing Catholics. New members are Toby Smedley, Nate Allison, Michael Youngblut, and Korey Rider. Deacon Mike Moetsch recently transferred in.
- How can I join or find out more? Contact Grand Knight Jim Draude at (319) 415-1906 or stop by the Parish Office to fill out a short form.
- Don't think you have enough time? Our council doesn't seek to take you away from spending precious time with your family. We seek to offer you a little quality time with like-minded men in our parish. You have enough time if you have an hour here and an hour there! You'll enjoy the opportunity to serve and make lasting friendships.
- What can I be involved with? Here is a partial list:
- The third Thursday of the month is our regular meeting. Dinner starts at 6 PM. Meeting begins at 7 PM. We enjoy social time and a meal together. We discuss upcoming events during the meeting and usually celebrate a Knight of the month and a family of the month.
- The first Monday of the month, members host the Family Rosary for the parish.
- The first Sunday of the month, we host coffee and donuts after the 7:30 and 9:30 AM Masses.
- Throughout the year, we have or assist with special events to serve the parish and community. Choose activities such as Lenten fish fries, the Tootsie Roll sale for persons with Intellectual Disabilities, the Easter egg hunt, parish breakfasts to raise money and awareness for religious and causes we support, and more. We help bring the parish together!
- What will you get in return? You will grow closer to God and set a great example for those around you. Knights and their families have opportunities to participate in a variety of activities that deepen their faith and strengthen our parish, community, and world.
- Grand Knight Jim Draude
- Deputy Grand Knight Mark Meier
- Financial Secretary Brian Luecke
- Chancellor Michael Helten
- Recorder Andrew Frey
- Treasurer Edward Doyle
- Advocate Kevin Engels
- Warden Darrell Ludwig
- Inside Guard Neil Francois
- Outside Guard Jerry Jordan
- 1st Year Trustee Jeff Byers
- 2nd Year Trustee Paul DiMarco
- 3rd Year Trustee Angelo Schmidt
- Chaplain Deacon Al Weber
- August 15 Council Meeting
- September 19 Council Meeting
- September 29 Confirmation Mass and Reception September 29
- October 17 Council Meeting
- November 1-2 Tootsie Roll Drive at Hy-Vee CF, Walmart CF, Fareway (north CF) for persons with Intellectual Disabilities
The Independence KofC Council will be hosting a 2nd and 3rd degree exemplification on November 3 at 1 PM. If you are a first-degree member please consider continuing in your knighthood by attending this event. There is no additional cost to become a 2nd and 3rd degree member.
- November 16 Deceased KC Members Mass and Meal after 5 PM Mass
- November 24 Breakfast for Vocations after 7:30 and 9:30 Masses
- December 19 KC Christmas dinner party in the Commons with social at 5:30 PM and dinner at 630 PM
- January 16 Council Meeting
- February 20 Council Meeting
- Lenten Fish Fries
- March 19 Council Meeting
- April 16 Council Meeting
- May 21 Council Meeting
- June 18 Council Meeting