Our council is proud to introduce the new Tom Leahy Scholarship for a graduating senior. More info >>
Consider Becoming a Knight! Save time on paperwork and join online today. Use code BLESSEDMCGIVNEY to have dues waived for 2023. These Knights are ready to answer any questions you may have:
Who are the Knights? We are Catholic men of faith and men of charitable action. In December 2017 Council 4516 celebrated 60 years of service. If you’d like to be a part of an international organization of nearly 2 million Catholic men whose principal work involves helping others in need, we'd like to meet you and invite you to join us.
Who can join? Membership in the Knights of Columbus is open to men 18 years of age or older who are practicing Catholics.
Don't think you have enough time? Our council doesn't seek to take you away from spending precious time with your family. We seek to offer you a little quality time with like-minded men in our parish. You have enough time if you have an hour here and an hour there! You'll enjoy the opportunity to serve and make lasting friendships.
What can I be involved with? Here is a partial list:
- The third Thursday of the month is our regular meeting. Dinner starts at 6 PM. Meeting begins at 7 PM. We enjoy social time and a meal together. We discuss upcoming events during the meeting and usually celebrate a Knight of the month and a family of the month.
- The first Monday of the month, members host the Family Rosary for the parish.
- The first Sunday of the month, we host coffee and donuts after the 7:30 and 9:30 AM Masses.
- Throughout the year, we have or assist with special events to serve the parish and community. Choose activities such as Lenten fish fries, the Tootsie Roll sale for persons with Intellectual Disabilities, the Easter egg hunt, parish breakfasts to raise money and awareness for religious and causes we support, and more. We help bring the parish together!
What will you get in return? You will grow closer to God and set a great example for those around you. Knights and their families have opportunities to participate in a variety of activities that deepen their faith and strengthen our parish, community, and world.
- Grand Knight Mark Meier
- Deputy Grand Knight Roger Kueter
- Financial Secretary Mike Youngblut
- Chancellor Michael Helten
- Recorder Andrew Frey
- Treasurer Edward Doyle
- Advocate Kevin Engels
- Warden Darrell Ludwig
- Inside Guard Neil Francois
- Outside Guard Jerry Jordan
- 1st Year Trustee Paul DiMarco
- 2nd Year Trustee Angelo Schmidt
- 3rd Year Trustee Jim Draude
- Chaplain Deacon Al Weber
Learn more at the Iowa Knights of Columbus website or the Knights of Columbus website.