CATHOLIC DAUGHTERS OF THE AMERICAS
Court St. Elizabeth Ann Seton #2291
St. Patrick Church, Cedar Falls, IA
Women of all ages in the parish are invited to become members of Catholic Daughters. To learn more, contact Regent Rita Durchenwald at [email protected].
About Catholic Daughters
Our Mission: Catholic Daughters of the Americas strives to embrace the principles of faith working through love in the promotion of justice, equality and the advancement of human rights and human dignity for all mankind.
Our Motto: Unity and Charity
Our Purpose: As the largest organization of Catholic women in the Americas and founded through the Knights of Columbus Catholic men's organization, our purpose is to participate in the religious, charitable and educational Apostolates of the Church.
Serving God by Serving Others: Lord, we ask you to bless our court. Make us a family of one heart and one mind in love for you. Grant that our common life and work may be an example to all around us. Guide our chaplain, regent and officers in their work. Make us one mind in truth and one heart in charity. Acknowlege the prayers and petitions of our members, and keep us secure in your love. We ask this in union with Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior. Amen
- serve on at least one committee each year by helping with a program, project, or refreshments
- collect cans/bottles for redemption to fund a scholarship for a graduating high school senior from our parish
- donate food or money for our major fundraiser
Interested in seeing what the Catholic Daughters do? We are leaving the 2019-20 Calendar up for now to show you an example.
Meetings are at 6:30 PM in the Commons unless indicated otherwise.
- Sept 9 Salad Spectacular and meeting
- October 14 Annual evening retreat at 6 PM at St. Stephen the Witness Center, UNI campus (note location change)
- October 20 CDA Sunday—members host coffee/donuts after 7:30 and 9:30 Masses
- November 9/10 Chili Sale Fundraiser after all Masses
- November 11 meeting
- December 9 meeting and Soup Supper hosted by 2020 officers
- Jan 4 Feast day of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton—members attend 5 PM Mass
- Jan 13 meeting at Cedar Falls Library
- Feb 10 meeting
- March 9 meeting
- April 13 meeting
- April Lifesaver weekend TBD
- May 11 Election of Officers and meeting
- June 8 New officer installation and meeting
No meetings July or August
Other annual activities
- January Begin accepting applications for CDA Mary Wood Scholarship
- January Education Contest
Prayer: Lord God, You blessed Elizabeth Ann Seton with gifts of grace as wife and mother, educator and foundress, so that she might spend her life in service to Your people. Through her example and prayers may we learn to express our love for You in love for one another. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God, forever and ever. Amen
Prayer from the St. Elizabeth Seton School (Naples Florida) from Ordinary People Extraordinary Lives.