CATHOLIC DAUGHTERS OF THE AMERICAS
Court St. Elizabeth Ann Seton #2291
St. Patrick Church, Cedar Falls, IA
Women of all ages in the parish are invited to become members of Catholic Daughters. To learn more, contact Regent Wahneta Haywood. Email Wahneta
Applications for the $500 Catholic Daughters Scholarship are now available. High school seniors must apply by April 21, 2017 to be considered. Click here for details and the application.
About Catholic Daughters
Our Mission: Catholic Daughters of the Americas strives to embrace the principles of faith working through love in the promotion of justice, equality and the advancement of human rights and human dignity for all mankind.
Our Motto: Unity and Charity
Our Purpose: As the largest organization of Catholic women in the Americas and founded through the Knights of Columbus Catholic men's organization, our purpose is to participate in the religious, charitable and educational Apostolates of the Church.
Serving God by Serving Others: Lord, we ask you to bless our court. Make us a family of one heart and one mind in love for you. Grant that our common life and work may be an example to all around us. Guide our chaplain, regent and officers in their work. Make us one mind in truth and one heart in charity. Acknowlege the prayers and petitions of our members, and keep us secure in your love. We ask this in union with Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior. Amen
Regent: Wahneta Haywood Email Wahneta
Vice Regent: Mary Farmer
Recording Secretary: Rosi Klemmensen
Financial/Membership Secretary: Carol Ann York
Treasurer: Carol Jacobi
- serve on at least one committee each year by helping with a program, project or refreshments
- collect cans/bottles for redemption to fund a scholarship for a HS graduating senior from our parish
- donate food or money for our major fundraiser - Advent by Candlelight
All meetings are at 6:30 PM in the Commons unless indicated otherwise.
- September 12: Salad Spectacular
- October 10: Retreat at American Martyrs' Retreat House
- October 16: National CDA Day
- November 12 & 13: Casserole Sale
- November 14: My Trip to Nicaragua and the Shoe Box Project
- December 12: Soup Supper
- January 4: St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Feast Day
- January 9: Craft Project for Windsor & Cedar Falls Health Care Facilities
- February 2017: Education Contest
- February 2017: Scholarship
- February 4: Knights of Columbus Spelling Bee
- February 13: St. Patrick School by Mrs. Mach
- March 13: “March Madness” Social & Games
- April 2017: Life Saver Project
- April 10: Aprons
- May 5-7: Iowa Biennial State Convention, Quality Inn, Ames
- May 8: Salad Supper
- June 12: TBA
Prayer: Lord God, You blessed Elizabeth Ann Seton with gifts of grace as wife and mother, educator and foundress, so that she might spend her life in service to Your people. Through her example and prayers may we learn to express our love for You in love for one another. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God, forever and ever. Amen
Prayer from the St. Elizabeth Seton School (Naples Florida) from Ordinary People Extraordinary Lives.