News & Events
LENT AT SAINT PATRICK
In addition to choosing our own voluntary penance, the Church asks us to observe the following rules of fasting and abstinence. We both fast and abstain on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday. On all the Fridays of Lent, we abstain. Fasting means only one full meal, the others not equaling the one full meal, no between-meals snacks. This obliges all between the ages of 14 and 59. Abstinence means no meat. This obliges all. Lent at St. Patrick includes:
- Stations of the Cross, Fridays at 5:15 PM in the church
- Knights of Columbus Fish Fries, Fridays from 5 to 7 PM in the gym, $9 adults, $5 ages 6-12, free ages 5 & under
- Adoration and Reconciliation, Thursdays of Lent from 5:30 to 6:30 PM in the church Read Father's series of articles on Adoration
- Lenten Bible Study, Thursdays of Lent from 6:45 to 8:15 PM in the church basement (no session March 1) Details
- Ash Wednesday Masses Feb. 14: 8:30 AM, 5:15 PM, and 6:30 PM
- Doing Good Together March 4: Service event for all ages in Dutcher Gym from 1-3 PM
- Holy Thursday Mass March 29: 7 PM
- Good Friday, Passion of the Lord at 5:15 and Living Stations of the Cross at 6:30 PM
CATHOLIC SCHOOLS NOW REGISTERING FOR FALL 2018
Kindergarten Information Meeting: Thursday, Feb. 22, 6–7 PM. Use the St. Patrick playground entrance on 7th Street and check-in at 5:45 PM. Childcare provided. The K-12 tuition assistance deadline is Mar. 29.
- ST. PATRICK CATHOLIC SCHOOL Kindergarten–Grade 8
- CLOVER PATCH PRESCHOOL & DAY CARE Ages 3-5
- COLUMBUS CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL Grades 9-12
ST. PATRICK SCHOOL IN THIS WEEK’S WITNESS In this week’s issue, read about how St. Patrick School is using the power of free play to help students learn.
UPCOMING HAITI MISSION TRIP
Help fund our March Mission trip to our sister parish! Visit our Haiti page to see how to donate and for more information. Our parish members will be helping at the school and health clinic and assisting with other needs.
CATHOLIC DAUGHTERS SUPPORT EDUCATION
CDA is accepting applications for the Mary Wood Scholarship. The annual award is open to high school seniors in our parish and has been renamed in Mary's memory. Applications are due March 9. Application and information
LIFELINE SCREENING IN DUTCHER GYM
Find out your risk of stroke and other conditions with a screening on Wednesday, Mar. 14,. $10 discount available to parishioners. Get more information and register online, call 1-800-640-6307, or text the word circle to 797979. Watch a video
DOWNLOAD OUR APPS TODAY
INSTANT CHURCH DIRECTORY ANDROID APP UPDATE: Current Android users will be logged out of the app when they update to the new Version 2.0. It is simple to log back in.
- Open the app and click on "Sign In".
- Enter your email address on file with the parish.
- Enter your password and click the sign in button. If you do not remember your password or want to change it, select “Forgot Password”.
Instant Church Directory allows you to access our secure, online membership directory. Learn more about downloading the app, uploading a photo, or accessing the directory online via the web.
The Saint Patrick Mobile App provides easy access to the calendar, bulletins, readings, prayers, online giving/payment system, and more. Opt in for notifications for the General Parish, Faith Formation, Young Adult Ministry, Catholic Daughters, and other groups. Android users text stpatrickcc2 to 55588 or click here to download. iPhone users text stpatrickcc1 to 555888 or click here.
Sunday 7:30 AM
Sunday 9:30 AM
Sunday 11:30 AM
See the Bulletin for weekday Mass times.
RECONCILIATION: 3:45 PM Saturday
(also by appointment)
ADORATION AND RECONCILIATION:
5:30-6:30 PM third Thursday of the month
(weekly during Lent)
705 Main Street
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Our church has installed the Hearing Loop assistive hearing system. If you have hearing aids equipped with telecoils, check with your audiologist to see if you can benefit.
Parish School Young Adult Ministry
DIRECTIONS: Church parking is available in our Main Street lots and on neighboring streets.
- Parish Office/Commons: 705 Main Map of the building
- Church entrance: 8th & Washington (or enter from parking lots to use elevator)
- Dutcher Gym entrances: 7th & Washington and the parking lots
- St. Patrick K-8 School: 615 Washington
- Clover Patch Preschool: 802 Main
Administrative Assistant & Faith Fm Coordinator
K-8 Faith Formation Coordinator
Youth Faith Formation Coordinator
Director of Liturgy & Choir
Administrative Assistant & Bulletin Editor
Marketing Coordinator, Parish & School
Community Outreach Coordinator