Youth (Grades 5-12)
- Friday, June 11 - Bonfire/Outdoor games Location: Deacon Al Weber’s home (rsvp by 6/9 to be texted address) Time: 7-9 PM
- Friday, June 25 - Capture the Flag. If it’s a hot day, water balloons will be part of the game. More details the week before. The more the merrier for multiple teams. Location: Parish grounds (meet in Lower Level Gym first) Time: 7-9 PM
LOCAL SERVICE TRIPS SUMMER 2021, 8 AM to 8 PM
We will gather at the church to pack our lunches, morning prayer service, and then head off to our work sites. We’ll come back early afternoon to a snack/break followed by small group time, lesson, dinner, activity, and closing prayer. Cost is $35 middle school and $50 high school. Email Rosie to sign up.
- Wednesday, June 23- Friday, June 25 for middle school (6-8th grade)
- Monday, June 14 - Thursday, June 17 for high school (9-12th grade).
Welcome! Thank you for supporting your child by joining our Youth Faith Formation Program. We are here to encourage and assist you in the formation of your child and family’s faith. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions or would like to help, let me know.
Rosie Guerrero, Director of Religious Education
277-3523 ext 136
Join FLOCKNOTE for text reminders & messages about youth activities. TEXT StPatYouthMin to 84576 to sign up.
Follow on Instagram & Twitter @stpatyouthmin to see what’s happening in the St. Patrick Faith Formation world.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR GRADES 5-12
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION (5-9)
Religious Education classes are held Wednesday evenings from September through mid-April. Religious Education is a pre-requisite for Confirmation sacramental preparation for those not attending parochial school (Columbus/St. Patrick). Grades 5-9 meet in the Youth Center/Wood Gym (lower level of the church) from 6-7:30 pm. Youth may enter through the Washington Street entrance or Parish doors by the Link Hallway. Church entrances are NOT open.
- If your child will be absent, please call 277-3036 as soon as possible but no later than 5 PM class night. Unexcused absences will be followed up by phone for the safety of your child.
- The quickest way to learn of cancellations is by notification to your cell phone. Sign up for notifications via Realm, choosing the Parents (Faith Fm. Gr. 5-9) group. If Cedar Falls Schools cancels or dismisses early due to weather, Faith Formation classes are automatically cancelled. In the event of inclement weather after the school day, we send a notification and use KWWL, Facebook, and/or email.
- The Sacrament of Confirmation is received in fall of 10th grade with preparation classes taking place during the 9th grade school year. Visit the Sacraments page for more information.
- Confirmation Calendar
- 2020-21 Confirmation Parent Handbook
YOUTH MINISTRY (6-12)
All 6-12th grade youth are invited to participate in Youth Ministry throughout the school year and summer. Youth Ministry is organized by Middle School (6-9) and High School (10-12). St. Patrick Youth Ministry uses the three goals of Renewing the Vision as it’s guide in creating events and activities that will reach those goals through faith, service, community, and ministry.
- Goal 1: To empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today.
- Goal 2: To draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the Catholic faith community.
- Goal 3: To foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person.
Additional resources may be found on our Faith Formation Resources Page.