Youth (Grades 6-12)
Youth in grades 6-12 are invited to participate in Youth Ministry throughout the school year and summer. Youth Ministry is organized by Middle School (6-8) and High School (9-12). St. Patrick Youth Ministry uses the three goals of Renewing the Vision in planning classes, events, and activities.
- Goal 1: To empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today.
- Goal 2: To draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the Catholic faith community.
- Goal 3: To foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person.
Times for 2022-2023 are Wednesday evenings with Middle School (Grades 6-8) 6-7:30 PM and High School (Grades 9-12) 7:15-8:45 PM. Both groups will meet in the church's lower level gym.
Thank you for supporting your child by joining our Youth Faith Formation Program. We are here to encourage and assist you in the formation of your child and family’s faith. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions or would like to help, let me know.
Rosie Guerrero, Director of Religious Education
266-3523 ext 136
Join FLOCKNOTE for text reminders & messages about youth activities. TEXT StPatYouthMin to 84576 to sign up.
Follow @stpatyouthmin on Instagram & Twitter to see what’s happening in the St. Patrick Faith Formation world.
MIDDLE SCHOOL (Grades 6-8)
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION classes are held Wednesday evenings from September through mid-April.
- Religious Education is a pre-requisite for Confirmation sacramental preparation for those not attending Catholic school.
- If your child will be absent, please call 277-3036 as soon as possible but no later than 5 PM class night. Unexcused absences will be followed up by phone for the safety of your child.
- If Cedar Falls Schools cancels or dismisses early due to weather, Faith Formation classes are automatically cancelled. In the event of inclement weather after the school day, we send a notification and use KWWL, Facebook, and/or email.
YOUTH MINISTRY ACTIVITIES
- Youth group, Bible study/small groups, service trips, and other events are offered to students in grades 6-8.
- Activities are for all students in grades 6-8 (RE students and St. Patrick School).
HIGH SCHOOL (Grades 9-12)
Religious education high school students is a combination of grade level small groups and all-high-school-grades large group. Our focus is spiritual development, the “hot topics” of youth, social teaching, discipleship, and leadership.
- Ninth grade youth are required to participate in religious education, as this counts towards pre-sacramental preparation before starting confirmation sacramental preparation in the spring. However, any 9th grade youth wishing to be confirmed who attends or does not attend Catholic school will still need to register for confirmation sacramental preparation in January 2023.
- Confirmation (Prep Gr 9/Confirmation Gr 10)
- The Sacrament of Confirmation is received in fall of 10th grade with preparation classes during the 9th grade school year. Visit the Sacraments page for more information.
- Confirmation is not a graduation but a stepping stone to take ownership of our Catholic faith and dive deeper into it.
Additional resources may be found on our Faith Formation Resources Page.