Youth (Grades 6-12)
Calendar for 2021
Youth in grades 6-12 are invited to participate in Youth Ministry throughout the school year and summer. Youth Ministry is organized by Middle School (6-8) and High School (9-12). St. Patrick Youth Ministry uses the three goals of Renewing the Vision in planning classes, events and activities.
- Goal 1: To empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today.
- Goal 2: To draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the Catholic faith community.
- Goal 3: To foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person.
Thank you for supporting your child by joining our Youth Faith Formation Program. We are here to encourage and assist you in the formation of your child and family’s faith. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions or would like to help, let me know.
Rosie Guerrero, Director of Religious Education
266-3523 ext 136
Join FLOCKNOTE for text reminders & messages about youth activities. TEXT StPatYouthMin to 84576 to sign up.
Follow @stpatyouthmin on Instagram & Twitter to see what’s happening in the St. Patrick Faith Formation world.
REGISTRATION FOR FALL 2021 has closed. Please contact Rosie if you are new to Faith Formation at St. Patrick.
MIDDLE SCHOOL (Grades 6-8)
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION classes are held Wednesday evenings from September through mid-April.
- Religious Education is a pre-requisite for Confirmation sacramental preparation for those not attending Catholic school. Grades 6-8 meet in the Youth Center/Lower Level Gym from 6-7:30 PM. Youth may enter through the Washington Street entrance or the Church/Gym entrance on Main Street. Church entrances are NOT open.
- If your child will be absent, please call 277-3036 as soon as possible but no later than 5 PM class night. Unexcused absences will be followed up by phone for the safety of your child.
- The quickest way to learn of cancellations is by notification to your cell phone. Sign up for notifications via Realm, choosing the Parents (Faith Fm. Gr. 5-9) group. If Cedar Falls Schools cancels or dismisses early due to weather, Faith Formation classes are automatically cancelled. In the event of inclement weather after the school day, we send a notification and use KWWL, Facebook, and/or email.
YOUTH MINISTRY ACTIVITIES
- Youth group, Bible study/small groups, service trips, and other events are offered to students in grades 6-8.
- Activities are for all students in grades 6-8 (RE students and St. Patrick School).
HIGH SCHOOL (Grades 9-12)
We offer religious education for youth in 9-12th grades from 7:30-9 PM Wednesdays during the school year. It will be a combination of grade level small groups and all-high-school-grades large group. Our 9-12th grade religious education will focus on spiritual development, the “hot topics” of youth, social teaching, discipleship, and leadership.
- Ninth grade youth are still required to participate in religious education, as this counts towards pre-sacramental preparation before starting confirmation sacramental preparation in the spring. However, any 9th grade youth wishing to be confirmed who attends or does not attend Catholic school will still need to register for confirmation sacramental preparation in January 2022.
- Confirmation (Prep Gr 9/Confirmation Gr 10)
- Religious education for 10-12th grade youth may feel foreign, as we haven’t had anything formal until now. However, this is a reminder that Confirmation is not a graduation but a stepping stone to take ownership of our Catholic faith and dive deeper into it.
Additional resources may be found on our Faith Formation Resources Page.