Next Step 2020
January 2021 announcement made by Laura Schaefer and Dave Guetterman, co-chairs of our Next Step 2020 Campaign
We thank you for your prayers and contributions. The Next Step 2020 Campaign has successfully come to an end, as planned, on schedule. Thanks to you, we were able to expand our buildings, extend our outreach, and grow our parish.
The Next Step Campaign Committee
David Guetterman and Laura Schaefer, Co-Chairs
Roger Kueter, Tom Hoag, Paul DiMarco, Brad Best, Deb Giarusso, Kelly Christensen, Erin Lyons, Patrick Burke, Father Colter, Laura Dobson, Regena Huffman
Question: How were we able to begin this project without having all of the funding in place?
Answer: The Archdiocese recognized the need for the additions and upgrades. They were supportive of our project and were very comfortable that we would pay off the low-interest loan they could offer. We feel this speaks volumes about our parish!
Question: What was included in the project?
Answer: Here's our campaign brochure which explains most of what was included.
Question: Were any additions made to the project along the way? We sure have many wonderful improvements.
Answer: The building and finance committees voted to add a few items that were not in the original plan. The committees elected to add these items because they realized these expenses were going to have to be incurred in the near future. They voted to include them in the project to be more cost effective and to create a more functional and safe school (entrance design) and church (balcony revisions). This list is not all inclusive, but highlights are:
- Added majority of classroom cabinetry. Rather than put new flooring around old cabinetry that would need to be replaced soon, we elected to do the cabinetry as part of the project so that it was done properly and to avoid costly rework later.
- Added design features and elements to the Multi-Purpose Room in the Education Center for increased use of technology and better shared usage of the space.
- Relocated the office addition to the east side of the school to allow for a more useful space, a more welcoming and visible entrance, and better connectivity to the school for security purposes. The initial plan was along the south side of the school with some finished space taking up part of the playground area.
- Added additional lockers for students.
- Replaced school kitchen flooring.
- Reinforced the balcony structure in the church to address critical structural bearing issues along the exterior wall of the church and to open up the area under the balcony.
- Added needed bell tower tuckpointing.
- Widened driveway and reworked landscaping between Narthex Addition and Grace House.
- Upgraded the upper level classroom areas at school.
- In the school building, added fire alarm system enhancements to be required in future code upgrades. As part of this, also replaced acoustical ceilings in the main corridors.