Welcome! Thank you for supporting your child by joining our Youth Faith Formation Program.
Registration is open for our summer service trips! See the Youth Ministry section below to download a registration form.
We are here to encourage and assist you in the formation of your child and family’s faith. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions or would like to help, let us know. New to our parish and need to register? Contact our Faith Formation Coordinator, Suzy, in the Parish Office at 319-266-3523 or register with the parish here.
Rosie Guerrero, Grade 7–12 Youth Coordinator
277-3036 ext 36
Religious Education classes are held Wednesday evenings from September through mid-April. Currently St. Patrick only offers Religious Education for grades 7-9. Religious Education is a pre-requisite for Confirmation sacramental preparation for those not attending parochial school (Columbus/St. Patrick). Grades 7-9 meet in the Youth Center/Wood Gym (lower level of the church) from 6-7:30 pm. Youth may enter through the Washington Street entrance or Parish doors by the Link Hallway. Church entrances are NOT open.
- If your child will be absent, please call 277-3036 as soon as possible but no later than 5 PM class night. Unexcused absences will be followed up by phone for the safety of your child.
- The quickest way to learn of cancellations is by notification to your cell phone. Sign up for notifications via Realm, choosing the Parents (Faith Fm. Gr. 7-9) group. If Cedar Falls Schools cancels or dismisses early due to weather, Faith Formation classes are automatically cancelled. In the event of inclement weather after the school day, we send a notification and use KWWL, Facebook, and/or email.
- 2019-20 Calendar: Jr. High Religious Education
The Sacrament of Confirmation is received in Fall of 10th grade with preparation classes taking place during the 9th grade school year. Visit the Sacraments page for more information. Confirmation registration is now closed for 2020. It will reopen in January 2021 for confirmation in fall 2021. Confirmation Calendar
All 7-12th grade youth are invited to participate in Youth Ministry throughout the school year and summer. Youth Ministry is organized by Junior High (7-9) and High School (10-12). St. Patrick Youth Ministry uses the three goals of Renewing the Vision as it’s guide in creating events and activities that will reach those goals through faith, service, community, and ministry.
- Goal 1: To empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today.
- Goal 2: To draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the Catholic faith community.
- Goal 3: To foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person.
Register now for our summer trips!
|Download middle school registration form|
|Download high school registration form|
Handbooks: Being Updated/Coming Soon
Additional resources may be found on our Faith Formation Resources Page.