Grade 1–6 Faith Formation
Photos on this page were taken pre-COVID.
Classes for grades 1-6 are held most Wednesday evenings from September through mid-May. Students meet in the Education Center at 615 Washington on Wednesdays 6:15–7:30 PM in grade-level groups. Homeschooling is an option during 2020-2021 registration.
- Students enter through the glass playground door on 7th Street between Washington and Clay.
- If your child will be absent, call 277-3036 as soon as possible but no later than 6 PM class night. Unexcused absences will be followed up by phone for the safety of your child.
- If Cedar Falls Schools cancels or dismisses early due to weather, Faith Formation classes are automatically cancelled. In the event of inclement weather after the school day, we use KWWL, Facebook, and/or email to let you know about cancellations.
- Handbooks: Catechists Parents (to be updated)
- Sacrament of First Reconciliation A child’s First Reconciliation is taught and received during the winter of second grade. Children learn the importance of confessing their sins and receiving forgiveness. Group reconciliation occurs in January.
- Sacrament of First Holy Communion During the winter of second grade, children begin to learn and prepare for their First Holy Communion which they receive in the spring after Easter.
Visit our Faith Formation Resources page for more helpful links to assist your children. New to our parish and need to register your child? Register with the parish and contact the Parish Office regarding Faith Formation.
Thank you for supporting your child by joining our Faith Formation Program. We are here to encourage and guide your child and your family. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions or would like to help, let us know.
Rosie Guerrero, Director of Religious Education
277-3523 ext 136