Grade 1–6 Faith Formation
First Communion Information
First Holy Communion at St. Patrick Church has been postponed from spring 2020 to fall 2020. We are celebrating Masses for immediate families only so that social distancing measures can be followed. To watch via livestream visit our Facebook page.
- Wednesday, August 19 at 7pm
- Wednesday, August 26 at 7pm
- Saturday, September 12 at 2pm
GRADE 1-6 CLASSES
Classes for grades 1-6 are held most Wednesday evenings from September through mid-May. Students meet in the Education Center at 615 Washington on Wednesdays 6:15–7:30 PM in grade-level groups. Homeschooling is an option during 2020-2021 registration.
- Students enter through the glass playground door on 7th Street between Washington and Clay.
- If your child will be absent, call 277-3036 as soon as possible but no later than 6 PM class night. Unexcused absences will be followed up by phone for the safety of your child.
- If Cedar Falls Schools cancels or dismisses early due to weather, Faith Formation classes are automatically cancelled. In the event of inclement weather after the school day, we use KWWL, Facebook, and/or email to let you know about cancellations.
- Handbooks: Catechists Parents (to be updated)
- Sacrament of First Reconciliation A child’s First Reconciliation is taught and received during the winter of second grade. Children learn the importance of confessing their sins and receiving forgiveness. Group reconciliation occurs in January.
- Sacrament of First Holy Communion During the winter of second grade, children begin to learn and prepare for their First Holy Communion which they receive in the spring after Easter.
Visit our Faith Formation Resources page for more helpful links to assist your children. New to our parish and need to register your child? Register with the parish and contact the Parish Office at 319-266-3523 regarding Faith Formation.
Thank you for supporting your child by joining our Faith Formation Program. We are here to encourage and guide your child and your family. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions or would like to help, let us know.
Tracey Ryan-Wiering, Grades 1–6 Coordinator
277-3036 ext 18