Grade 1-6 Faith Formation begins Wednesday, September 11. Registered students and a parent should meet in Dutcher Gym (outside the Commons) at 6:15 PM.
Online registration for fall 2019 is closed. Contact the Parish Office at 319-266-3523 for late registration.
GRADE 1-6 CLASSES
Classes for grades 1-6 are held most Wednesday evenings from September through mid-May. Students meet in the Education Center at 615 Washington on Wednesdays 6:15–7:30 PM in grade-level groups.
- Students enter through the glass playground door on 7th Street between Washington and Clay.
- If your child will be absent, please call 277-3036 as soon as possible but no later than 6:00 PM the night of class. Unexcused absences will be followed up by phone for the safety of your child.
- If Cedar Falls Schools cancels or dismisses early due to weather, Faith Formation classes are automatically cancelled. In the event of inclement weather after the school day, we use KWWL, Facebook, and/or email to let you know about cancellations.
- 2019-2020 Calendar
- Handbooks: Catechists Parents (to be updated)
- Sacrament of First Reconciliation A child’s First Reconciliation is taught and received during the winter of second grade. Children learn the importance of confessing their sins and receiving forgiveness. Group reconciliation occurs in January.
- Sacrament of First Holy Communion During the winter of second grade, children begin to learn and prepare for their First Holy Communion which they receive in the spring after Easter.
2nd Grade Sacramental Preparation Dates for 2019-2020
November 13: Parent Mtg
January 23: 1st Reconciliation
April 15: Practice
April 16: Pictures
April 18/19: First Communion Weekend
Visit our Faith Formation Resources page for more helpful links to assist your children. New to our parish and need to register your child? Register with the parish and contact our Faith Formation Coordinator, Suzy, in the Parish Office at 319-266-3523.
Thank you for supporting your child by joining our Faith Formation Program. We are here to encourage and guide your child and your family. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions or would like to help, let us know.
Tracey Ryan-Wiering, Grades 1–6 Coordinator
277-3036 ext 18