REGISTRATION OPEN FOR FALL
Registration is now open for fall 2018. Take advantage of Early Bird Registration at a lower cost. Registration closes September 1.
- EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION April 18–June 30: $100/child ($300 family cap) to cover program costs. Closed
- NORMAL REGISTRATION July 1–Aug 31: $125/child ($375/family cap)
- LATE REGISTRATION Sept 19: $150 per child
- Confirmation Sacramental Preparation is $25 for grade 9 or 10 Faith Formation and non-Faith Formation students.
Please have your payment method ready to use at the end of the online registration (bank account information, debit card, or credit card) . You will lose the information you have entered if you do not pay at the end of your session.
If you need a SCHOLARSHIP for your child to attend or want to be a CATECHIST with a tuition waiver, you will need to GET A CODE BEFORE you register. Contact Suzy in the Parish Office at 266-3523.
WELCOME FROM THE FAITH FORMATION TEAM
Faith Formation classes are held most Wednesday evenings from September through mid-May. Thank you for supporting your child by joining our Faith Formation Program. We are here to encourage and guide your child and your family. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions or would like to help, let us know. If you missed our September parent meeting, read our notes for information on drop off, pick up, and more.
- Tracey Ryan-Wiering, K–6 and CGS (Preschool) Coordinator
277-3036 ext 18
- Rosie Guerrero, 7–12 Youth Coordinator
277-3036 ext 36
PRESCHOOL PROGRAM (CATECHESIS OF THE GOOD SHEPHERD)
Jesus said, “Let the children come to me, and do not prevent them; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19: 14
In fall 2018, St. Patrick Church will begin a faith formation program for ages 3-6 years. Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) provides an environment for our young children to encounter the beauty of God in a learning space prepared just for them. Each session will be approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. It will include hands-on lessons on the Mass, scripture, and sacraments of the Catholic church. Each week, children will be provided with an environment in which to discover God through hands-on work, prayer and song. Each lesson is connected to a specific moment in scripture or Mass and is meant to bring them closer to the Good Shepherd.
What is Catechisis of the Good Sheperd all about? Here is a blog from St. Patrick Cedar Rapids and a video from from St. John the Evangelist Parish in Indiana.
Registration space will be limited as we begin this program, so please register your child now. Registration is available on the St. Patrick website under the Faith Formation Registration link. Sessions will be in the Clover Patch Preschool building at 802 Main Street with three class times:
- Tuesday 9:00-10:15 AM
- Wednesday 2:30-3:45 PM
- Wednesday 6:15-7:30 PM (during Faith Formation)
KINDERGARTEN–GRADE 6 PROGRAM
Students meet in the Education Center at 615 Washington on Wednesdays 6:15–7:30 PM in grade-level groups. Students enter through the glass playground door on 7th Street between Washington and Clay (the entrance to the Multipurpose Room).
- Calendar for 2017-18 new calendar coming soon
- Class schedule of topics by grade K, 1, 3, 4 2 5-6 new schedules coming soon
- Access our K-6 material for fabulous ideas for your family or to review what we do in class. K 1-6
- Visit our Faith Formation Resources page for more helpful links to assist your children.
MIDDLE SCHOOL AND HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAM
On Wednesday evenings, students meet in the Youth Center (lower level of the church). Use the Washington Street entrance. Middle school meets 6:15–7:30 PM. High school meets 7–8:30 PM
- Grades 7-12 calendar for 2017-18 new calendar coming soon
- Confirmation class schedule for 2017-18 new calendar coming soon
- Sacrament of First Reconciliation A child’s First Reconciliation is taught and received during the fall of second grade. Children learn the importance of confessing their sins and receiving forgiveness. Group reconciliation occurs in November.
- Sacrament of First Holy Communion During the winter of second grade, children begin to learn and prepare for their First Holy Communion which they receive in the spring after Easter.
- Sacrament of Confirmation Confirmation is currently received in 9th or 10th grade with preparation classes Wednesday nights, additional meetings during the year, and a retreat. The Sacrament is received in the spring.
- If your child will be absent, let us know as soon as possible but no later than 6:00 p.m. the night of class. Call 266-8711 for K-8 and 277-3036 for grades 9-12. Unexcused absences will be followed up by phone for the safety of your child.
- If Cedar Falls Schools cancels or dismisses early due to weather, Faith Formation classes are automatically cancelled. In the event of inclement weather after the school day, we use KWWL, Facebook, and/or email to let you know about cancellations.
Stay Connected with 9-12 Youth Ministry