Grief Support Committee Resources
The following documents are available for committee members working with someone who has experienced a loss. After you are contacted by the coordinators, please use these resources. Our Pastor will have sent a letter to the person prior to your contact.
We ask that you reach out with a card or phone call before sending letters. The "Grief Support Follow Up Sheet" is useful for recording information on the person you are assisting and the mailings you send.
Print for your use: Grief Support Follow Up Sheet
Grief Support Letters and Enclosures
Letters in Microsoft Word may be downloaded and personalized. If you cannot open the Word documents, print the PDF and write in the recipient and sender names. The suggested enclosures listed below the letters do not require personalization and may be printed by clicking on the title. Below the St. Patrick documents is a link to mailings on the Cedar Valley Hospice Website. They are organized by months 1-12. Feel free to use these mailings as well.
- Letter #1 (We realize that the weeks....) Word PDF
- Letter #2 (It may be very difficult....) Word PDF
- Letter #3 (When we experience....) Word PDF
- Letter #4 (Six months have now....) Word PDF
- Letter #5 (Once again we would....) Word PDF
- Letter #6 (Although your life....) Word PDF
- Letter #7 (At this time on the anniversary....) Word PDF
- Christmas Letter Word PDF
- Cedar Valley Hospice’s Bereavement Mailings may also be used to provide support for those who have experienced the death of a loved one. Click here for months 1-12 in PDF format.
- Going Home Words from a beautiful song Word PDF