Registration for fall 2019 is now open for grades 1-6 through Realm, our new parish data and communication system. You must log in to Realm to sign up your student. If you did not receive an email invitation with instructions and a personal link, please call the Parish Office 266-3523.
Faith Formation classes are held most Wednesday evenings from September through mid-May. Thank you for supporting your child by joining our Faith Formation Program. We are here to encourage and guide your child and your family. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions or would like to help, let us know. If you missed our 2018 September parent meeting, read our notes for information on drop off, pick up, and more. New notes will be added in September 2019.
Tracey Ryan-Wiering, Grades 1–6 Coordinator
277-3036 ext 18
New to our parish and need to register your child? Contact our Faith Formation Coordinator, Suzy, in the Parish Office at 319-266-3523.
GRADES 1–6 PROGRAM
Students meet in the Education Center at 615 Washington on Wednesdays 6:15–7:30 PM in grade-level groups. Students enter through the glass playground door on 7th Street between Washington and Clay (the entrance to the Multipurpose Room).
- Calendar for 2018-19
- Class schedule of topics by grade 1, 3, 4 2 5-6 new schedules coming soon
- Access our material for fabulous ideas for your family or to review what we do in class. 1-6
- Visit our Faith Formation Resources page for more helpful links to assist your children.
- Sacrament of First Reconciliation A child’s First Reconciliation is taught and received during the fall of second grade. Children learn the importance of confessing their sins and receiving forgiveness. Group reconciliation occurs in November.
- Sacrament of First Holy Communion During the winter of second grade, children begin to learn and prepare for their First Holy Communion which they receive in the spring after Easter.
- If your child will be absent, please call 277-3036 as soon as possible but no later than 6:00 PM the night of class. Unexcused absences will be followed up by phone for the safety of your child.
- If Cedar Falls Schools cancels or dismisses early due to weather, Faith Formation classes are automatically cancelled. In the event of inclement weather after the school day, we use KWWL, Facebook, and/or email to let you know about cancellations.