Gr 7-12 Youth Ministry
Have fun and support the Leadership (LOTEC) trip to Colorado, the Middle School Service Trip, and NCYC 2019!
Upcoming Meeting Dates
- December 16 2-4 PM, Both middle school and high school youth groups will meet for cookies and games, Youth Center.
- December 19 6-6:50 PM, Youth Advent Study, Youth Center.
- December 27 9:30 AM-1 PM, Mural Painting and Movie, Youth Center.
- January 2 6-8 PM, 7th-12th Grade Open Gym.
- January 13 and 27, February 10 and 24, 6-8 PM Youth Group Meeting, Youth Center.
- January 20 - 21 Youth Lock-In, 7 PM - 7 AM.
- February 22 Sundown Ski Resort, Dubuque, cost and departure, TBD.
Welcome! Thank you for supporting your child by joining our Faith Formation Program. Youth Ministry classes are held most Wednesday evenings from September through mid-May. Grades 7-12 meet in the Youth Center (lower level of the church). Middle school meets 6:15–7:30 PM. High school meets 7–8:30 PM. Use the Washington Street entrance.
If your child will be absent, please call 277-3036 as soon as possible but no later than 6 PM class niight. Unexcused absences will be followed up by phone for the safety of your child.
The quickest way to learn of cancellations is by notification to your cell phone. Sign up for notifications via our parish app, choosing the Parents (Faith Fm. Gr. 7-9) group. If Cedar Falls Schools cancels or dismisses early due to weather, Faith Formation classes are automatically cancelled. In the event of inclement weather after the school day, we send a notification and use KWWL, Facebook, and/or email..
The Sacrament of Confirmation is received in 9th or 10th grade with preparation classes on Wednesday nights, additional meetings during the year, and a retreat. The Sacrament is received in the spring.
We are here to encourage and guide your child and your family. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions or would like to help, let us know. New to our parish and need to register? Contact our Faith Formation Coordinator, Suzy, in the Parish Office at 319-266-3523. If you missed our September parent meeting, here are the notes for information on drop off, pick up, and more.
Rosie Guerrero, Grade 7–12 Youth Coordinator
277-3036 ext 36
Youth Ministry Newsletter: Summer 2018
Additional resources may be found on our Faith Formation Resources Page.