Welcome from the K-12 Faith Formation Team!
Faith Formation classes are held most Wednesday evenings from September through mid-May. Thank you for supporting your child by joining our Faith Formation Program. We are here to encourage and guide your child and your family. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions or would like to help, let us know. If you missed our September parent meeting, read our notes for information on drop off, pick up, and more.
Tracey Ryan-Wiering, K-6 and CGS Coordinator
Rosie Guerrero, 7-12 Youth Coordinator
Kindergarten-Grade 6 Program
- Students meet in the Education Center from 6:15 p.m.–7:30 p.m. on Wednesdays in age-level groups. Students enter through the glass playground door on 7th Street between Washington and Clay (the entrance to the Multipurpose Room).
- Class schedule of topics for grades K, 1, 3, 4 2 5-6
- Access our K-8 material for fabulous ideas for your family or to review what we do in class.
Visit our Faith Formation Resources page for more helpful links to assist your children.
Middle School and High School Program
- On Wednesday evenings, students meet in the Youth Center (lower level of the church). Use the Washington Street entrance.
- Confirmation class schedule
- Sacrament of First Reconciliation A child’s First Reconciliation is taught and received during the fall of second grade. Children learn the importance of confessing their sins and receiving forgiveness. Group reconciliation occurs in November.
- Sacrament of First Holy Communion During the winter of second grade, children begin to learn and prepare for their First Holy Communion which they receive in the spring after Easter.
- Sacrament of Confirmation Confirmation is currently received in 11th grade with preparation classes Wednesday nights, additional meetings during the year, and a retreat. The Sacrament is received in the spring.
Attendance and Cancellations
- If your child will be absent, let us know as soon as possible but no later than 6:00 p.m. the night of class. Call 266-8711 for K-8 and 277-3036 for grades 9-12. Unexcused absences will be followed up by phone for the safety of your child.
- If Cedar Falls Schools cancels or dismisses early due to weather, Faith Formation classes are automatically cancelled. In the event of inclement weather after the school day, we use KWWL, Facebook, and/or email to let you know about cancellations.
Stay Connected with 9-12 Youth Ministry
Check out the photos from this uniquely Catholic program which replaced our traditional Vacation Bible School for 2017.